Saturday, April 16, 2016

Recommended Read : Godspeed by Dan Chabot





Godspeed
A Love Story
by Dan Chabot


Amazon 5-star rating: 56%


About the book:

When Derry and Amedee's love affair ends in tragedy, Derry descends into an abyss of remorse and despair. In his overpowering grief, this tormented newspaperman embarks on an obsessive crusade for redemption, a tender quest that eventually will lead him to peace of mind, and to someone who will help him build a new life from the ashes of the past. And as Godspeed and its astonishing twists unfold, a poignant question lingers: How can a lie be wrong when it makes so many people feel so good?

Book Review originally posted in December 2012

Godspeed is a love story which tells the painful yet satisfying journey of one man - Derry Danaher. Derry works in a local newspaper called the Ledger as a reporter and feature writer. He believes that by working in that newspaper, he is doing something important, something that makes difference in people's lives. For Derry, he doesn't need anything or anyone in his life. When he lost his father, he went into depression and he doesn't want to go through the same pain again. Everything is working out well with him until he meets Amedee Carol Beauchene.

Godspeed is a very touching love story. I was deeply moved by this book, I cried and laughed with Derry and Amedee as I join them in their life together. I loved the building of their relationship. His love for Amedee is so pure, everlasting and I'm sure anyone who reads this book would want to find someone like Derry.

I also loved Derry's family and even work friends. The love and understanding they have shown him is unbelievable. Everyone at work had the compassion to offer any help to Derry, they did not hesitate to take him back even after six months of no communication. I sometimes wonder if that was realistic, to have that kind of support from people at work is just amazing.

The only flaw I see in this book was that the first 100 pages were kind of a slow read because of the flashbacks. I was never good in understanding stories with flashbacks so I just skimmed through those until I guess I was almost done with the story. When I finally realized how they are connected, I went back to read the earlier pages again.

The ending made me decide to finally give this book a 5-star rating even with the above flaw.   I honestly think this would make a good Hollywood movie. If you are looking for a nice, heartwarming and encouraging story, you might want to pick-up this book.

Purchase your copy

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails