Sunday, January 4, 2015

Book Spotlight and Excerpt: Ocean City Lowdown: A Jamie August Novel by Kim Kash

Ocean City Lowdown: A Jamie August Novel 
(The Ocean City Trilogy) (Volume 1)
by Kim Kash

Series: The Ocean City Trilogy
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Kim Kash; 1 edition (June 14, 2014)
Amazon Paperback Link

Kindle Edition
File Size: 4159 KB
Print Length: 204 pages
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Amazon Kindle Link

Audible Audio Edition
Listening Length: 6 hours and 30 minutes
Program Type: Audiobook
Version: Unabridged
Publisher: Kim Kash
Audible.com Release Date: June 9, 2014
Audible Link

Synopsis:

Ocean City Lowdown, described by one reviewer as "Hiaasen meets Bubbles Yablonsky." The book introduces Eastern Shore Maryland reporter Jamie August, who has a talent for unearthing more than her editor wants and a weakness for Ravens jerseys and sparkly underwear. She is assigned to cover the grand opening of a big new housing development in Ocean City. But instead of writing about wrap-around porches and rattan furnishings, she uncovers kickbacks and payoffs, blackmail and murder. Jamie's tenacity, smarts, and sheer recklessness—plus some smokin’ striptease dance moves—can get her out of some tight spots, but are they enough to save her from a psychopathic arsonist and two generations of corrupt real estate tycoons?

Excerpt:

I’m married.” He said it earnestly, like he was telling me he had cancer.

Son of a bitch. How had I not seen this coming? I dropped my eyes to the table.

“Hey, but don’t worry about it, it’s not a problem. She’s in Boca Raton for the winter.”

I could taste the fried food coming back up my throat. I didn’t trust myself to speak. My hands shook as I pulled the press kit out from under the wreckage of the appetizer platter. I shoved everything randomly in my bag, including a few stray French fries. I grabbed my coat and slid out of the booth.

“What are you doing?” He looked more annoyed than concerned. “Okay, come on. There’s a snowstorm outside. I can take you home.”

I kept walking and bumped into our waitress, who gave me a withering look as she attempted to rebalance the huge tray of food on her shoulder. “Girl, you better watch it,” she hissed. Without breaking stride, I flipped her the bird, then used the finger to give a little push to the underside of the tray. The whole thing came crashing down, a waterfall of chili, mashed potatoes, gravy, and fries all
over her shiny blond hair.

Amazon Buy Links

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails