Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Guest Author: Fredrik P. Williams


Mangled Noize 
By Fredrik P. Williams 


Mangled Noize is a story of survival and friendship. It begins with Frederick (yes, a play on my own name) starting a new school. By the end of his first week, he is in trouble at school and has a street-gang trying to kill him. He runs away and ends up living out a teenage boy’s fantasy. He stumbles upon a Rock ‘n’ Roll band and ends up joining them and leaving the country. Life is perfect for Frederick until he is kicked out of the band and left stranded in Japan. 


Frederick’s situation seems hopeless until he meets Richie. Together, along with George and Oliver, they build a new band they call Mangled Noize. The four young outcasts from society who met by fate become a family. It takes years of adventures before they work their way back to the United States. Along the way, they grow from young reckless youths to young men who start to see a future ahead of them. 




My novel, Mangled Noize, is my first novel in a series of three. I had the story in my head, but didn’t know how long it would be. I had the beginning, and the ending, as well as the path the story was taking, so I sat down and started writing it. For six months, I wrote every day until the story was finished. Then I went through it and separated it into three separate books; the first taking the name, Mangled Noize. 


After separating the books, I concentrated on the first of the three. I went through it over and over again, cutting out all of the fat, and streamlining it as much as possible. Then I had friends and family read it. I spent a good year querying agents and publishers, only to receive the “chain rejection letters” which actually bragged about how they took less than 1% of new authors. Finally, frustrated and upset about the endless hours I had spent custom creating each query for each agent, and finding that they would only read a line or two, and scrap it, I self-published. 


Mangled Noize is available in print and in almost all eBook formats. I have just dropped the eBook price to .99 cents as a holiday sale. Please visit my AuthorsDen page. 

http://www.authorsden.com/fredrikpwilliams



1 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

An interesting post, thanks Fredrik.

All the best to you and yours Jenai, I hope 2012 is a great year for you all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails