Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Guest Author: Diane Echer



The sinking of the Titanic was not an accident. It wasn’t even the result of poor judgment or over-confidence. 


It was a carefully planned murder. An assassination. 


Three thousand innocent people were deliberately sacrificed on April 15, 1912, to cover up the elimination of just three of them: Isador Strauss, John Jacob Astor, and Benjamin Guggenheim.




In 1912, Strauss, Astor and Guggenheim were three business magnates among America’s richest and most influential. Their character and positions naturally brought them to influence decision-making in the country, either through elected office, the various positions they held, or the sheer power of their stature.


Why were they killed? Because their views for the future of America did not match the interests of a powerful group of people.


A handful of disparate events took place on separate continents in 1912. Like the sinking of the Titanic, they’ve long been put away in the dusty drawers of History.


They’re back in Vaults of Power, an action thriller that takes place nowadays. Here’s from the back cover:


One independent woman. Robyn Gabriel, a young historian turned treasure hunter with a taste for one-night stands and a strained relationship with her twin.


Two duty-driven men. A senior executive of the Federal Reserve, and a Chinese triad member.


Six days for an impossible ransom.


It took me a few years to write the book—partly because it was my first novel and I could not give it the time it deserved, partly because the plot required a lot of research. While the book is fiction, the underlying story (in which my main character stepped in) is based on recent history, and on events, schemes and conspiracies I witnessed during my years as a business lawyer in France. Plot-wise, what excited me most was to come up with an idea I thought was over-the-top… to check if it could actually stand the test of history… and discover that actual events proved my point.


Like the sinking of the Titanic not being an accident.


I will be happy to send a free chapter (Chapter 19, where you’ll get more on the Titanic) to the readers of this blog who will drop me a note at www.DianeEcher.com. Just mention Bookingly Yours! First three requests, I’ll also snail mail a signed print-out of Chapter 19.


You can start reading Vaults of Power for free on my website (I post a chapter a week). Vaults of Power is also available in paperback for $12.99 and all ebook readers for 99 cents (if your favorite ebook format is not yet available, it will soon be).


Facebook
Amazon

1 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

loving the idea that the sinking of the Titanic was not an accident but an assassination.

Related Posts with Thumbnails